* How to check the Wi-Fi connection quality?
Wireless media streaming requires a good Wi-Fi connection. If you encounter issues such as the receiving device video playback stops a lot to load and buffer, please follow this article to check the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
1. Launch Network Utility (Applications > Utilities > Network Utility).
2. Under the “Info” panel, you can see the current connection speed by looking at the “Link Speed”, which will show the actual data rate that you are using. This rate will change as you move around your environment, so if you are far away from the router, the rate will change, and if you are closer, it will get higher.
3. Ideally, you will want to be as close as possible to your router in order to have the best connection possible.
4. Alternatively, you can use a paid app such as “WiFi Signal” that shows you more information in a user friendly format, including monitoring the signal quality of your wireless network, what type of network you are connected to, finding and recommending alternative channels to optimize your network.